Sculpting A State: Alabama's Bicentennial Living History
The Poarch Band of Creek Indians has a tremendous commitment to the state of Alabama -- its past and its future. This presentation was shown as part of the Bicentennial Celebration December 14, at the Capitol Complex in Montgomery.
What could Alabama do with a BILLION dollars?
Our solid plan for gaming is a game-changer for Alabama. We support legislation that includes:
- A clean, traditional lottery
- Two additional first-class gaming and tourism destination sites with unlimited gaming (black jack, craps, and other table games, a sports book, and top-notch hotels, restaurants, spas, and other amenities)
- Taxes on the two additional destination resort sites
- A revenue share on Class III games at existing sites
- An additional $225 million payment to Alabama for exclusive gaming rights in the State through a compact.
This is a winning proposal for Alabama. We estimate this plan would provide revenues of more than $1 billion after the first year.
This $1 billion consists of $725 million from license fees and compact exclusivity, and nearly $350 million in annual taxes from new development and revenue share on Class III games at existing sites.
These numbers don’t even tell the whole story of economic benefits to Alabama because they don’t include revenue that will also be realized from a State Lottery.
Now We Need Your Help to Win for Alabama
Do you like this page?